After careful planning and receiving confirmation from County Officials, Supervisor Richard L. Thurston, the Wappinger Town Board, Superintendent of Highways Michael J. Sheehan, and Town Clerk Joseph P. Paoloni are pleased to announce the reopening of the Wappinger Town Recycle Center and Transfer Station to all 2020 season permit holders. The reopening day of the Center will be Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 9:00am.
The Recycle Center and Transfer Station was previously closed temporarily to prevent the spread of COVID-19 amongst our Town employees and residents. Superintendent of Highways Michael J. Sheehan continued to receive household garbage and plastics during the closure.
We will continue to collect only those permitted items as noted on our Town website:
Entry of vehicles will be controlled at the gate to reduce risks of transmission of COVID-19 under NYS and Dutchess County guidelines. 2020 PERMITS WILL BE REQUIRED. In addition, all residents will be required to observe the following rules:
- For the safety of our staff and yourselves, you will be required to wear a mask at all times when you are outside your vehicle.
- No congregation or socializing while on the site: drive in and leave once you have completed your drop off.
- Observe appropriate social distancing.
- Carefully follow the instructions of Town Staff for the drop off of materials – failure to do so will be grounds to require your departure and revocation of your permit.
- Observe common courtesy since we anticipate a large number of people wanting to drop off items.
- Please wash your hands upon returning home.
The Center will be return to its regular schedule of Wednesday’s and Saturday’s 9am-12pm.
Wappinger Town Clerk Joseph P. Paoloni will continue to sell Recycle Center permits to Wappinger Town Residents, including the Wappinger side of the Village of Wappingers Falls, via mail (Wappinger Town Clerk, 20 Middlebush Road, Wappinger, NY 12590) please send your check and documentation. The 2019 permits are still valid until we re-open on June 16; and processing by mail is always open. The recycle center has waived the need for garbage tickets until the time that we reopen the doors at town hall on June 16. Thank you for your patience.