At this time, Wappinger parks remain OPEN to the public.
Playgrounds, athletic fields, and courts in the parks are CLOSED.
Please make responsible use of the ample open space, walkways, and trails in the parks and stay clear of the closed areas. Please practice social distancing.
Due to the Corona Virus here is an update on the current workforce situation at Town Hall
1. All in-house inspections are suspended at this time. Outside inspections are being scheduled by our clerks at this time. Please call 845-297-6256.
2. We are still collecting building permit applications at the front of the building in outside bins daily between the hours of 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
3. Our staff is working primarily from home, so please be patient when calling, we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
4. Reaching us by email will speed a response by someone on our team. Check our website for email addresses.
5. Complaints: If it is a safety issue please call the main number which is 845-297-4158.
Planning and Zoning:
1. All board meetings for the month of April are cancelled.
2. We will email you with the next available agenda when we feel it is safe to start scheduling new meetings.
3. We have a drop box out by the front of the Town Hall building daily from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday for submittals to the various boards. It is marked Building Department.
Town of Wappinger To Postpone and Suspend Certain Activities To Prevent The Spread of COVID-19
Wappinger, NY— On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 11:00am; Wappinger Town Supervisor Richard L. Thurston authorized the suspension and postponement of various Town of Wappinger activities and programs to limit the spread of COVID-19. Wappinger Town Hall and Town offices will remain open and operational.
The following facilities have been temporarily closed:
¨ Town of Wappinger Justice Court will be adjourned for 45 days.
¨ Wappinger Town Senior Citizen Center will be closed for 2 weeks.
¨ Wappinger Town Recycle Center & Transfer Station will be closed until the end of March. The Highway Department will be accepting HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE ONLY
The following activities have been postponed:
¨ The sale of Recycle Center Permits and Garbage Tickets are suspended until the end of March.
¨ Town of Wappinger Easter Egg Hunt. A date for a Spring Bunny Hop will be announced.
¨ The Joseph Ennesser 5k Race for Veterans.
The Town of Wappinger will continue to staff offices and departments to ensure that your Town Government operations continue. Meetings of the Wappinger Town Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals will continue to held.