Wappinger Town Hall Open By Appointment Only - Click for Details
COVID-19 Vaccine Updates - Click for Details
IMPORTANT UPDATES - General COVID-19 Info | Cancellations/Postponements | Business Updates | Town Hall Entrance COVID Questionnaire
Office of Code Enforcement
WAPPINGER TOWN HALL TO CLOSE TO GENERAL PUBLIC, AND BE OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY FOLLOWING COVID-19 EXPOSURE. Utilize the contact information on this page to contact this department.
Outdoor Dining Application
Latest News - Spring 2021

The Code Enforcement Office consists of Building and Planning activities.   We work with both residential and commercial properties. Our job is to provide safety and compliance with the NYS Building Codes and local Town Code. Before you start a project at your residence or business, buy a shed, pool or hot tub, please give us a call or check out our department on the Town web site to see what is required. We will be happy to explain whether you need a permit and if so, which one and what will be required. If you are considering selling your home, please make sure that all your upgrades have a Certificate of Compliance or Certificate of Occupancy.  This will help as you get ready to go to your closing. If you are not sure what we have on file, please make an appointment to come in and review your file. If you are buying a house in the Town you may also come in to review the parcel history by filling out a FOIL. For new businesses you will need a change of occupancy permit and our staff will gladly help you. Our office number is 845-297-6256.

The Building Department is charged with the administration and enforcement of the New York State Building Codes and the local Codes of the Town of Wappinger. This ensures the safety and protection of the Town of Wappinger residents as well as to ensure compliance building practices of work requiring building permits.

All residents and applicants are urged to use this webpage for their convenience and help in applying for all necessary permits issued by this office. It is necessary for all information to be completed in full for any applications to be processed without delay, as well as the consent form from the property owners to allow any contractor to apply for building permits.

Town of Wappinger Permits and Forms Available Here

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. When is a building permit required? 

A: Building Permit is generally needed when any minor or major electrical, plumbing, or structural work is done to a building. It is best to call and ask one of our trained code enforcement officers for direction.

2. Do I need to hire a licensed contractor? 

A: No license requirements are needed at this time in the Town of Wappinger. Owners may do their own work with a notarized statement. All contractors must supply all appropriate insurance forms before any application will be processed.

3. How do I know if a building permit has been issued?

A: It is the responsibility of every owner to obtain a building permit for work being done. Always ask the contractor doing work to see the building permit issued from this office and post on the premises easily seen from the street. You should contact this office regarding any questions on this issue.

4. What happens if I start work without first obtaining a permit?

A: You will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Compliance. A Stop Work Order could be issued and fines may be imposed. Also, any work found to be at variance with applicable codes, rules and regulations will have to be corrected or removed.

5. How do I know if my permit has been closed?

A: When a permit is closed, the Code Enforcement Officer will issue a Certificate of Occupancy/Compliance. If you did not receive a Certificate of Occupancy/Compliance in the mail, you should follow up with the Building Department and check on the status of your permit. Most permits are only good for a year and once they are expired, can turn into violations on your property. Permits that are expired will have to be re-opened by submitting a new application and re-paying the permit fee.

Contact Us

Director of Strategic Planning and Municipal Codes
Barbara Roberti

Building Inspectors
Susan Dao - Building Inspector & Stormwater Management Officer

Gabe Morando - Deputy Building Inspector
- Deputy Building Inspector

Code Enforcement Clerks
Christa Verano
Susie Hansen

Town Hall
20 Middlebush Road
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590

(845) 297-6256
Fax: 845-297-0579


Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm

Helpful Links


2019 Annual Personnel Report
2019 Annual Building Standards & Code Report