TOWN OF WAPPINGER RESTAURANTS ARE AUTHORIZED FOR OUTDOOR DINING AS OF JUNE 9, 2020
Outdoor dining will be permitted as part of the Hudson Valley’s Phase II re-opening. Restaurants that do not currently have outdoor seating can apply for a COVID 19 Outdoor Seating Permit through the town’s building department.
To apply for an outdoor seating permit, please fill out the application found here: Outdoor Dining Permit
Applicants must meet the permit requirements and all applicable NYS Health Department requirements.
Things to consider for Outdoor Dining:
Permitting requires submission of a site plan that includes all working aspects of your site, especially:
- The placement of the tent / structure
- Fire rating of the tent
- Planned capacity – tables must be at least 6’ apart
- The electrical plan (electrical permit is required)
- Physical barriers to protect diners from vehicles
- If curbside pick-up will continue, how the two will be separated
- Restroom access plans (w/ ADA compliance)
- Adherence to DOH guidelines.
Please refer to the NYS guidelines for Outdoor and Take-Out/Delivery Food Services