The Town of Wappinger was erected from the Town of Fishkill on May 20, 1875. Our Town’s records date back to 1874 with the meetings of the “Board of Health”, a predecessor to our Town Board structure. The Town Government originally consisted of a Supervisor, a Town Clerk, Justices of the Peace, Superintendents of Highways, Overseers of the Poor, a Receiver of Taxes, constables, and school teachers.
Click here to see Town minutes from 1874 – Present (Please note that minutes from 1874-1903 are organized under “Board of Health”)
Office of the Town Clerk
Joseph P. Paoloni, Wappinger Town Clerk
Cooper M. Leatherwood, Deputy Town Clerk
Grace Robinson, Deputy Town Clerk
Office of the Town Historian
Joseph D. Cavaccini, Wappinger Town Historian