Hunting and Fishing licenses can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office at Wappinger Town Hall. The price list for each type of license and all other types of sales is posted here and will be updated as needed.
Click here for the Deer Management Permits (DMP) Lottery Odds Sheet and for everything you need to know before choosing your Wildlife Management Units (WMU).
When applying for DMP’s, it may be helpful to use the Wildlife Management Unit Boundary Map.
It is important that you do not heat laminate your license panels as the heat will turn the entire panel pitch black. You can cold laminate the panel if you’d like.
Please consider donating to the Venison Donation or any of the other great programs when you come in to purchase your licenses. The Dollars that you donate help get the deer from the hunters to the processors and finally to the homeless shelters. Since 2000, nearly 500,000 pounds of venison have been donated.
In the 2006-2007 season, the Town of Wappinger raised the 10th highest Dollar total Statewide! We set a goal of $300 for the 2007-2008 season and surpassed that well before the season ended. Let’s see if we can get $500 for this season! Please check the Venison Donation Coalition website for more info.
With the new Junior Hunter Mentoring Program, 14 and 15 year olds can now hunt dear and bear with a firearm. Make sure to fill out the required permission form and read the FAQ’s on the DEC Website listed below.
Licenses for people with disabilities
- For mobility-impaired people:
- Obtain a Permit for Motor Vehicle Access for People with Disabilities 518-402-8965
- Military service members with 40% disability
- Eligible for $5.00 license
- Obtain verifying letter from VA annually
- Also receive DMP preference
- To shoot firearms from vehicle
- Obtain a Non-Ambulatory Hunter Permit 518-402-8965
- To shoot bow equipped with an attachment to hold it drawn
- Obtain a Handicapped Archer Permit 518-402-8965
- To use a mouth-triggered crossbow
- Obtain a modified Crossbow Permit 518-402-8965
For wheelchair access sites, obtain the brochure Opening the Outdoors to People with Disabilities 518-402-9428
The Town Clerk will post all courses that we are made known about at the Clerk’s Office. Feel free to call if you can’t make it in.
For more information, check out the some FAQ’s that I’ve posted and be sure to visit the New York State Department of Conservation’s Hunting and the New York State Department of Conservation’s Fishing webpages.
Joseph P. Paoloni, Wappinger Town Clerk
Cooper M. Leatherwood, Deputy Town Clerk
Grace Robinson, Deputy Town Clerk